"Somerleyton" - Auction October 31
475 Lawrence Rd, Alumy Creek
When a property has only been traded once since settlement, you immediately know it is a great place to live.
“Somerleyton” is an immaculate country retreat just 5 minutes from Grafton and set on 110 fertile, alluvial acres.
Positioned next to the Alumy Creek Reserve with views across the flats to the surrounding farmland, the 1920’s house stands proudly amongst established country garden and mature trees.
Renovated and extended to suit modern country living while maintaining its original design, the polished hardwood floors, high ceilings and large rooms are featured throughout the home.
There is also a semi-detatched flat which could suit visiting relatives, or would make the perfect spot for an artist’s studio or B&B accomodation.
Graze your cattle on some of the most productive paddocks in the Clarence Valley, with the option of growing forage crops to help boost your steers to sale topping weights.
In flood times, the farm is blessed.
A long flood-free section runs across the property and over 50% of the farm as well as the house and infrastructure remain out of the reaches of even the biggest flood events – meaning you only need to open a couple of gates to get the herd to safety.
Summer afternoons of cricket can be enjoyed on the well maintained oval next door or if a cool drink on the verandah is your fancy, a garden barbecue with friends under the dappled shade trees is sure to hit the spot.
In winter, cosy up around the wood fire with a good book or get out on the tractor and plant your oats and rye.
Please watch the video to get a good feel for what this property can offer, and then call our office to arrange your inspection.
After 40 enjoyable years here the vendors now invite your attendance at Auction on Saturday, October 31 on-site at 10am.
- 109 acres freehold
- 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house
- Self-contained, semi-detached, 1 bed, 1 bath flat
- All buildings and over half the country flood-free
- 950m frontage Alumy Creek
- Town water
- Excellent choice of public and independent schooling including selective high school
- School bus to gate
- 5 kms Grafton CBD
- 55 km Yamba
- Air and rail connections Sydney and Brisbane
- Lot & DP info: 193, 196//DP751371; 1//DP1128061
- Size: 44.65Ha or 110.3 acres
- Zoning: RU1 Primary Production.
- Improvements: House, flat, farm sheds, cattle yards.
- Rates: Council Rates: $2510.10; LLS Rates: $306.16; Permissive Occupancy Rate: $547.80.
- 5 bed
- 3 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Air Conditioning
- Land is 110 acres
- 4 Toilet
- Secure Parking
- Built In Robes
- Floor Boards
- Outdoor Entertaining
- Open Fire Place
- Reverse Cycle Aircon
- Fully Fenced